Obama as "terrorist"
Way back in February, Karl Rove heard a growing number of Republicans blasting "Barack Hussein Obama," and warned his fellow Republicans to drop the line. Rove argued it would only perpetuate the notion that Republicans were bigoted, which in turn would hurt the party.
That same week, at an event in Ohio, McCain was introduced by some conservative loud-mouth named Bill Cunningham, who blasted "Barack Hussein Obama." McCain, who was not on stage during Cunningham's harangue, later expressed said he wanted to "disassociate" himself from the remarks. McCain added that he would take responsibility to ensure that similar comments are not repeated at future campaign events.
That was February. This is October:
To be fair, a campaign aide later conceded that this was "inappropriate rhetoric." But the trend nevertheless seems to point in one direction: whipping the angry, far-right Republican base into a frenzy. That includes the increasing frequency of "Hussein" references, but it also includes looking the other way while campaign supporters exclaim "treason!," "terrorist!," and "kill him!" during official rallies.
Josh Marshall, not exactly one for off-the-wall theories, argued the McCain campaign may very well be doing this deliberately: "It is obviously with tacit approval (to believe anything else is to be a dupe at this point); and quite probably on the campaign's specific instructions. Given the regularity of the cries of 'treason' and 'terrorist' and the like, and the frequency with which the screamers seem in oddly convenient proximity to the mics, we should probably be considering the possibly that these folks are campaign plants. It happens all the time. It's just that usually they don't scream out accusations of capital crimes."
Thursday, October 09, 2008
Palin/McCain Rally a Terrorist Cell
Days Since Michael Steele Said He Won't Resign"The Playa" said he wouldn't resign as head of the RNC ("Not me Baby! Nuh-uh. Not happening. No way, no how.")
23 Days, 23 Hours, 32 Minutes, 38 Seconds.
The Real News Network
Politics on HuffingtonPost.com
MSNBC.com: Countdown With Olbermann
The Nation: Top Stories
YouTube :: Videos by politicstv
- If You Think You Are A Conservative
- GoLeft T.V.
- News From Florida
- Bent Society Blog
- My: Political Junki Site
- Election Geek 08
- Travel Democratic
- Just Rumor Mills
- Democratic Victory Network
- Philter Media- Websites
- Rainbow USA
- Democratic News
- Visit Our Shopping Mall
- Read My Book
- If You Think You Are A Conservative
- ► 2009 (49)
- Joe The Plumber Throws McCain Under The Bus
- Prominent Republicans Endorsing Obama
- Former GOP Senator Backs Obama
- Rove On McCain: "Very Steep Hill To Climb"
- Alaska's largest newspaper has endorsed Obama.
- Right Wing Nut Job, Florida WFTV anchor Barbara We...
- Barack Obama: 'Defining moment' TV ad
- Right Wing Blogosphere On Death Watch
- Republican's Are Wrong About Tightening National P...
- McCain Adviser Endorses Obama
- Breaking: McCain Volunteer's "Mutilation" Story Ma...
- spread the truth about ACORN
- McCain Palin In A Nutshell
- GOP "Death List"
- Obama's Lead Widens: 52%-38%
- GOP Voter Fraud
- GOP Operative Arrested In Voter Fraud
- Brzezinski Smaks DownMorning Joe
- More W.Va. voters say machines are switching votes...
- Help Obama
- Palin's America
- Sorting out the truth on Obama, ACORN
- Florida GOP May Be Committing Voter Registration ...
- Censure Michele Bachmann
- Simon Rosenberg: Expect McCain to Gain Ground Thes...
- About Joe The Plumber
- The Buzz On Plumber Joe
- Joe The Plumber
- Obama's White Shift
- Moron At McCain Rally Speaks Up
- ACORN's response to Palin/ McCain smear
- Palin/McCain A Week Of Hate
- Palin Report Leaked
- GOP cuts out the middle man, goes straight to Fox ...
- McCain's judgment "in a time of crisis"
- Palin/McCain Rally a Terrorist Cell
- Debate Wrap-Up
- Obama: 'Taketh'
- Job Loss: The Price Of McSame
- Liddy as McCain's "own Bill Ayers"
- $100,000 reward for Info on Rove's election theft!...
- McCain: Erratic
- Smoking Gun In The theft Of Election 2004?
- Sarah Palin's inability to defend John McCain's he...
- 'Simpsons' clip shows rigged voting machine
- Palin Won't Defend John McCain
- Mike Connell, Karl Rove's Computer Expert, Stonewa...
- Moron tries to criticize Obama with hand made sign...
- Karl Rove And DOJ
- George Soros On The Bail Out
- ▼ October (50)
- ► 2007 (580)