Monday, October 22, 2007

Senate candidate confirms the he's gay

See Neal's web site at  http://jimnealforse nate.com
 
 

Senate candidate confirms that he's gay, says it's 'no secret and no big deal'

Jim Neal wants to be the first openly gay member of the U.S. Senate. The Associated Press reports that a spokesman confirmed this morning that the North Carolina Democrat  is homosexual. The confirmation followed a discussion about the candidate's sexual orientation that took place this weekend on a liberal blog.
Here's what someone identified as Neal said in response to questions on BlueNC.com: "I am indeed. No secret and no big deal to me -- I wouldn't be running if I didn't think otherwise. ... I'm not running this race to make some social statement. I'm running to lead in the Senate for the voters in NC -- something Sen. Dole has not done. ... When people meet me, they'll see beyond the labels and into my character."
Neal, a former investment banker, is the only candidate who has announced plans to challenge GOP Sen. Elizabeth Dole in next year's general election.
 
 

No comments:


VIDEO NEWS WIRE

Politico 44 President's Calendar

AlterNet.org: Video




Days Since Michael Steele Said He Won't Resign

23 Days, 23 Hours, 32 Minutes, 38 Seconds.

"The Playa" said he wouldn't resign as head of the RNC ("Not me Baby! Nuh-uh. Not happening. No way, no how.")

Followers

ShareThis

http://feeds.salon.com/salon/greenwald_podcast_rss

The Real News Network

  

Learn more about the Neighborhood Volunteer Program

John McCain

The 50 State Strategy

Buy a Democracy Bond

My site was nominated for Best Pop Culture Blog!

Politics on HuffingtonPost.com

MSNBC.com: Countdown With Olbermann

RawStory.com Headlines

The Nation: Top Stories

Evri Skyscraper Widget

YouTube :: Videos by politicstv

Contributors

Blog Archive