Monday, October 01, 2007
The Swift Boating Of Hillary
Richard Collins, a wealthy Texas businessman and a leading organizer of Stop Her Now, a political committee devoted to opposing Clinton's White House bid, told The Hill his group will spend $500,000 to $600,000 between now and February targeting her candidacy.
"We expect we'll be much more intense in our efforts between now and Feb. 28," said Collins.
Collins emphasized that his group's strategy and tactics are more important than how much it plans to spend.
Stop Her Now will use humor in its attacks against Clinton to make them more appealing to swing voters. Its website features anti-Clinton cartoons and jokes of the week. It also has posted a spoof of "The Tonight Show" in which an unflattering parody of Clinton plays the role of Johnny Carson.
Republican operative David Bossie, president of Citizens United, is producing a critical film documentary about Clinton that conservative financial backers hope will be as effective as the attacks of another group, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, against former Democratic nominee Sen. John Kerry (Mass.).
Republicans must find novel ways to pan Clinton because she is a female and because many of the criticisms of her are already well-known, having been hashed out during the partisan battles of her husband's administration.
"You can't go after a woman candidate the way you can go after a guy," said Paul Weyrich, chairman and CEO of the Free Congress Foundation and an influential conservative leader. "It's very, very difficult to campaign against a woman candidate."
Days Since Michael Steele Said He Won't Resign"The Playa" said he wouldn't resign as head of the RNC ("Not me Baby! Nuh-uh. Not happening. No way, no how.")
23 Days, 23 Hours, 32 Minutes, 38 Seconds.
The Real News Network
Politics on HuffingtonPost.com
MSNBC.com: Countdown With Olbermann
The Nation: Top Stories
YouTube :: Videos by politicstv
- If You Think You Are A Conservative
- GoLeft T.V.
- News From Florida
- Bent Society Blog
- My: Political Junki Site
- Election Geek 08
- Travel Democratic
- Just Rumor Mills
- Democratic Victory Network
- Philter Media- Websites
- Rainbow USA
- Democratic News
- Visit Our Shopping Mall
- Read My Book
- If You Think You Are A Conservative
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (432)
- Obama V. The Netroots
- Where Does the Right-Wing End and the Media Begin?...
- RedState.com cracks down on Ron Paul supporters
- Giuliani Comes To Aid Of Accused Child Molester
- Entire Town Switches From Republican To Democrat
- Scandal At the Values Voter Summit
- Giuliani Shuts Out Kerik
- Dobson Drama and Prayers for a Political Miracle
- Senate candidate confirms the he's gay
- Sunday Roundup Debate Edition: Hillary Who?
- Anti-Immigraton Sweeping World Wide
- GOP Debate Wrapup
- Bush's War on the Children
- Janet Folger: Gods hand was on Huckabee and that ...
- Real Time Overtime With Bill Maher
- 'Why Are Democrats Still Afraid'
- Boy Scouts rent hiked $199,999 for gay ban
- GOP Candidates Diss RNC Fundraiser
- American Scientist Canceled by British Science Mus...
- In local House race, a Barney Frank endorsement
- By The Numbers
- GOP Attacks On Children
- Bush Hits New Record Low Of 24% Hits a Nixon Low
- Suddenly Telling the Truth: CBS Correspondent Says...
- The Washington Post Continues to Shill for Bush an...
- Senator McConnell Caught Lying About His Office's ...
- CNN blames Democrats for rightwing smear
- Parents of 12 Year Old Boy Attacked by Republicans...
- McConnell Aide Acknowledges Smearing 12 Year Old
- High Ranking Military Committing Suicide
- Randi Rhodes was Attacked on Sunday Night
- Sunday Show Roundup: Talking About Spreading War
- Giuliani's Bad Radios Responsible for Mayhem on 9/...
- GOP County Chair Charged With Fondling Underage B...
- Merle Haggard Endorses Clinton
- Gore Wins Nobel, NY Times Slights Him
- Al Gore wins 2007 Nobel Peace Prize
- Pres. Carter: ''I don't think US Using Torture, I ...
- Sen. Mitch McConnell Behind Terrorizing 12 Year Ol...
- Clinton Leads in Swing States
- GOP, Lord's Of Loud Attack 12 Year Old Recipient ...
- Larry Craig's New Music Video
- ACLU Statement on RESTORE ACT
- Christian media watchdog group: The Females on Fox...
- Chris Matthews Finally Gets His
- Clinton Campaign: Training Video
- Nixon on Tape: Thompson 'Dumb as Hell' And lazy to...
- White House: Aiding And Abating Al Queda
- Top New Yorker Writer: Washington Post Editorial P...
- Petraeus adviser: Petraeus testimony misleading
- In The News 10-09-07: Neocon Warmongers Flock to ...
- Iraq Veteran: Why I Fight And Why We Must
- Sunday Spinning Heads
- A Day With The White House Press Corps, Press Gagg...
- Bush Betrays Christians in Iraq
- Limbaugh Attacks U.S. Combat Vets
- .D. Roy Atchison - The former GOP Assistant U.S. A...
- Congress Demands a Redeployment Plan
- Fred Thompson Embarrasses Conference Attendee's Wi...
- Today's News 10-04-07: Limbaugh's Cowardly Smear
- Vet Called: Suicide Bomber by Limbaugh Speaks Out
- Oak Lawn, Illinois, bans Christmas
- When Hate Radio Attacks...
- Voting Rights Act provision could face U.S. Suprem...
- Corporations Turning Away from GOP
- In The News 10-01-07: Seeds of Terrorism Sown in K...
- Top Democrats Hammer Limbaugh for Phony Troops Com...
- Sunday Talk Show's Roundup
- Who Says We are Winning In Afghanistan
- Can Hillary Clinton win?
- The Swift Boating Of Hillary
- ▼ October (71)