After several weeks of swooning, news reports are finally being filed about the gap between Senator Barack Obama's promises of a pure, soul-cleansing "new" politics and the calculated, deeply dishonest conduct of his actually-existing campaign. But it remains to be seen whether the latest ploy by the Obama camp--over allegations about the circulation of a photograph of Obama in ceremonial Somali dress--will be exposed by the press as the manipulative illusion that it is. ... ..... .. To a large degree, the campaign's strategists turned the primary and caucus race to their advantage when they deliberately, falsely, and successfully portrayed Clinton and her campaign as unscrupulous race-baiters--a campaign-within-the-campaign in which the worked-up flap over the Somali costume photograph is but the latest episode. While promoting Obama as a "post-racial" figure, his campaign has purposefully polluted the contest with a new strain of what historically has been the most toxic poison in American politics.More than any other maneuver, this one has brought Clinton into disrepute with important portions of the Democratic Party. A review of what actually happened shows that the charges that the Clintons played the "race card" were not simply false; they were deliberately manufactured by the Obama camp and trumpeted by a credulous and/or compliant press corps in order to strip away her once formidable majority among black voters and to outrage affluent, college-educated white liberals as well as college students. ... ..Race Man
by Sean Wilentz
How Barack Obama played the race card and blamed Hillary Clinton.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
OBAMA/MEDIA Love Fest over?
The media fluff fest on Mr. O. is ending. Dan Balz wrote yesterday that is was "time to question Obama, too." But the conversation that really needs to begin is what started here a while back, when everyone was piling on Clinton. Today Sean Wilentz goes at the heart of the Obama campaign's hypocrisy, which also just happens to be a weapon of race:
Days Since Michael Steele Said He Won't Resign"The Playa" said he wouldn't resign as head of the RNC ("Not me Baby! Nuh-uh. Not happening. No way, no how.")
23 Days, 23 Hours, 32 Minutes, 38 Seconds.
The Real News Network
Politics on HuffingtonPost.com
MSNBC.com: Countdown With Olbermann
The Nation: Top Stories
YouTube :: Videos by politicstv
- If You Think You Are A Conservative
- GoLeft T.V.
- News From Florida
- Bent Society Blog
- My: Political Junki Site
- Election Geek 08
- Travel Democratic
- Just Rumor Mills
- Democratic Victory Network
- Philter Media- Websites
- Rainbow USA
- Democratic News
- Visit Our Shopping Mall
- Read My Book
- If You Think You Are A Conservative
- ► 2009 (49)
- Where's Obama
- Sen. McCain May NOT Be A "natural-born citizen"
- OBAMA/MEDIA Love Fest over?
- Young Voter Poll Information
- Double Tak Express
- The Swiftboating of Obama Begins!
- Why The GOP Supports Obama
- McCain May Have Covered Up Abramoff Email to Prote...
- Texas GOP Urged to vote for Obama
- Are The GOP Gaming The Democratic Primaries?
- SNL:Bitch is the new black
- Shame On You Obama! Hillary Calls Obama Out!
- Supporter can't name Obama's accomplishments
- Primaries are not a good predictor.
- Lieberman's Protoge, Obama, to be backed by the DL...
- If the Race is Over, Why is Obama Attacking Hillar...
- VIDEO WALL
- Double Talk Express On Video
- The Media And Obama
- John McCain and the Clinton Rules
- why blacks and liberals are wrong about Obama
- Gay Teens Killing Labeled A Hate Crime
- Florida Blowback
- MSNBC still doesn't "get it"
- Obama's smack Down: On Women
- 10 Things Clinton Can Do
- John McCain argues forcefully for immediate withdr...
- Letter from Patti Solis Doyle: Obama will Not Deba...
- Super Tuesday: Results
- I Could Not Have Said It Better Myself
- Hispanics Being Under Polled
- Washington Post columnist Harold Meyerson falsely ...
- Today's Media Clinton Bashing
- Will Michelle Obama Support Clinton
- By the Numbers
- GOODBYE TO ALL THAT
- ▼ February (36)
- ► 2007 (580)