Sunday, May 04, 2008
Clinton Camp Memo on Indiana, North Carolina Contests
From: The Clinton Campaign
Date: May 3, 2008
RE: Why Did the Obama Campaign Predict Victory in Indiana? Does That Prediction
Three months ago the Obama campaign produced a spreadsheet that, with one exception, has accurately predicted the winners in each of the upcoming primaries and caucuses.
Tellingly, that spreadsheet predicted an Obama victory in Indiana by 7 points, as well as an Obama victory in North Carolina.
Does the Obama campaign still stand by that prediction? If not, why not, and what has happened?
It is easy to see why the Obama campaign predicted victory in Indiana. Senator Obama has won each of the primaries in the states that border Illinois Iowa, Wisconsin, and Missouri, and 25% of Hoosiers get their television from Illinois stations a huge advantage for Senator Obama. Indiana's primary is open, and Senator Obama has tended to do better in those contests.
The Obama campaign has also dramatically outspent Senator Clinton in Indiana by more than $2.4 million $5.6m - $3.2m and has even gone up on broadcast television in the very expensive Chicago media market.
Despite Senator Obama's advantages and his prediction of victory, we have worked hard in Indiana to do as well as we can and anticipate a close finish.
In North Carolina, Tuesday's other contest, Senator Obama enjoyed a lead of over 20 points in public polls throughout this year and outspent us there on TV by $1.3m $4.9 - $3.5. Senator Clinton has been working hard to narrow that 20 point gap.
The Clinton campaign is closing on the big challenges and questions facing American families who is on your side and who is best able to fight for working and middle class people on Day One in the White House?
Days Since Michael Steele Said He Won't Resign"The Playa" said he wouldn't resign as head of the RNC ("Not me Baby! Nuh-uh. Not happening. No way, no how.")
23 Days, 23 Hours, 32 Minutes, 38 Seconds.
The Real News Network
Politics on HuffingtonPost.com
MSNBC.com: Countdown With Olbermann
The Nation: Top Stories
YouTube :: Videos by politicstv
- If You Think You Are A Conservative
- GoLeft T.V.
- News From Florida
- Bent Society Blog
- My: Political Junki Site
- Election Geek 08
- Travel Democratic
- Just Rumor Mills
- Democratic Victory Network
- Philter Media- Websites
- Rainbow USA
- Democratic News
- Visit Our Shopping Mall
- Read My Book
- If You Think You Are A Conservative
- ► 2009 (49)
- DNC: We Will Not Count All Of Florida Delegates
- Another Attack On Obama
- Small Donations Continue to Fuel Democrats
- Obama: McCain's Lobbyiest Problem
- Double Talk Express: On Health Care
- Is the media covering McCain 2000 or McCain 2008?
- The DNCs state blogger credentialing process is o...
- GOP's Secret Weapon
- Your Blog of Rights
- Fire The Lobbyist
- The Bush Family A Family Of Nazis
- Bush Family Ties to Hitler And Nazis
- Stop Florida from damaging another election
- McSame: Out of Touch
- Stop The Spread Of Hate
- Wrong Way McSame
- Why Florida Matters
- Has Donna Brazile Lost it?
- McCain's "Spiritual Guide" Wants America to Destro...
- Hillarys Path to Victory
- Are All Remaining Super Delegates Just Whimps........
- The Tie Breaker
- Clinton Comes From Behind
- Cazayoux Wins!
- Unfiltered Sunday Views
- Clinton Camp Memo on Indiana, North Carolina Conte...
- Under The Bus
- Obama Is Too CHICKEN to Debate
- GOP uses Obama to boost Republican candidates
- Former DNC chairs: Hillary would beat McCain today...
- Obama Supporters getting down and dirty
- Obama Losing Support
- More Bad News For Obama
- The Best Of Clinton
- Obama Media
- Poll Shows Clinton With Big Lead Over Obama
- Clinton's Polling Numbers: The best they have been...
- Super Delegates: Get A Grip
- If the super delegates are looking at electability...
- ▼ May (39)
- ► 2007 (580)