Saturday, August 25, 2007
The sexy-sensational YouTube video that appears as the sequel to "I've Got a Crush on Obama" criticizes Giuliani for marrying his cousin. The "Debate 08: Obama Girl vs. Giuliani Girl" music spoof also notes the former New York City mayor's three marriages and previous appearances in drag.
Despite the silly rhymes and contagious beat (which we can't get out of our heads), we find Obama Girl's claims are accurate.
In 1968, Giuliani wed his second cousin, Regina Peruggi, who was the daughter of his father's first cousin. (Think of your son/daughter marrying your cousin's daughter/son.)
Giuliani at different points labeled the family connection as "second cousins once removed" and "third cousins," before he was corrected.
In a 1993 memo for his mayoral campaign, a Giuliani strategist noted the "weirdness" factor of the marriage, according to a memo posted on the Smoking Gun Web site, but such a marriage is completely legal. In New York, even first cousins can wed.
Robin Bennett, senior genetic counselor at the University of Washington, said there is not much scientific research about the risk of developmental difficulties for the offspring of second cousins but she said "for second cousins, the risks are likely similar to the risks of couples from the same ethnic population who also may have common ancestors."
Giuliani and Peruggi did not have any children, and the marriage ended after 14 years. A Catholic priest who was a long-time Giuliani friend granted his request for an annulment on the grounds that the church had never given dispensation for the relatives' union.
Two years later, he married Donna Hanover, a Miami television reporter. But that marriage ended in 2002 with a bitter divorce. Within a year, he wed a third time to Judith Nathan, a former pharmaceutical sales manager turned-Giuliani-speech-writer.
Giuliani's propensity to dress in drag is also well-documented. When mayor in 1997, he appeared as a busty woman at a political roast and even dressed the part for an appearance on Saturday Night Live. Posted At politifact.com
Here's the video:
A Election '08 News Site:
For News And Commentary:
For Florida Election News See:
Political Talk For And By Political Junkies
Just Rumors The Rumor Mills
Days Since Michael Steele Said He Won't Resign"The Playa" said he wouldn't resign as head of the RNC ("Not me Baby! Nuh-uh. Not happening. No way, no how.")
23 Days, 23 Hours, 32 Minutes, 38 Seconds.
The Real News Network
Politics on HuffingtonPost.com
MSNBC.com: Countdown With Olbermann
The Nation: Top Stories
YouTube :: Videos by politicstv
- If You Think You Are A Conservative
- GoLeft T.V.
- News From Florida
- Bent Society Blog
- My: Political Junki Site
- Election Geek 08
- Travel Democratic
- Just Rumor Mills
- Democratic Victory Network
- Philter Media- Websites
- Rainbow USA
- Democratic News
- Visit Our Shopping Mall
- Read My Book
- If You Think You Are A Conservative
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (432)
- RNC and Pentagon Targeting Dems Who Go Do Baghdad
- Sen. Larry Craig Wrap Up
- Sen. Larry Craig's Online Profile
- Sen. Larry Craig invloved with molesting teen Page...
- 5,100 Boy Scout leaders removed for abuse
- Just Say No to Judge Southwick
- Senator Craig's Complete Arrest Report
- Florida Republicans to Lose 1/2 Delegates
- Joe Scarborough:'Element of sleaze' hangs over the...
- Bill Maher on the O'Reilly Factor
- Todays' News: 08-28-07: With Bush's Backing Iraq's...
- BATTLE HYMN OF THE REPUBLICANS
- Shake up At justice
- Another Republican Busted For Blow Job
- Chertoff may replace Gonzales
- Violence To Remain High In Iraq Over Next Six T...
- Obama Girl takes aim at Rudy Giuliani
- Message From: John Sweeney president, AFL-CIO
- Bob Schieffer: Bush Leading Us Down A Rabbit Trail...
- Democratic Debate Round Up
- the FCC released TEN studies on media ownership
- In The News 08-16-07: What is Rove Trying to Hide
- Dan Rather Reports on Touchscreen Voting Machines:...
- Thompson: Violating the campaign laws he helped wr...
- The Return of Imus
- The Trouble with the DLC
- Straw Poll Reveals Weak Republican Field
- Cheney: Invading Iraq Would Create Quagmire
- In The News 08-12-07: How the Democrats Blew It
- DailyKos V. The DLC Part II
- Harold Ford Jr. : Down Low Conservative
- DailyKos V. The DLC
- UIowa Poll shows Clinton and Obama leading most of...
- Republican Congressional Leaders Leaking State Sec...
- Sen. Stevens Thank You Note Shows Bribery
- Public sees news media as biased and inaccurate
- Today's News 08-10-07: Bush Stealing Health Care ...
- Bush Defines Accountability
- Today's News 08-09-07:Carl Bernstein: Bush More "D...
- McCain Loses to Everyone in Iowa...Including Democ...
- Thompsons Rise To Fame As Crusading Watergate Inv...
- Oddball Tabloid Weekly World News to Cease Publish...
- YearlyKos In The News
- In The News 08-05-07: Hillary Threatens Using Nuk...
- The Democratic Party is growing more liberal for t...
- The Best of Bill O'lielly
- Democratic National Convention Committee Opens Hea...
- Senator Dodd Stomps The S*** Out Of Bill O'Reilly
- In The News 08-03-07: Lieberman's Losing Bid for I...
- Olbermann: on Gonzo-Gate
- Yearly Kos In The News
- In The News 08-02-07: Meet Giuliani's Gold Digger ...
- The Tillman Fratricide: What the Defense Departmen...
- ▼ August (53)