Saturday, March 22, 2008
The Race So Far
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~After holding 38 contests in 38 days, Democrats must wait nearly as long before the next presidential contest -- the April 22 Pennsylvania Primary, where 158 delegates are at stake. Two weeks later come North Carolina (115 delegates) and Indiana (72 delegates).
There's sure to be plenty of twists and surprises in the six-plus weeks between now and the PA primary, but despite the rocky week, the momentum remains with Obama. He leads in delegates, popular vote, states won, and fundraising. He continues to close the gap in superdelegates and has won more delegates in 16 of the last 18 contests.
With the decision by Florida and Michigan Democrats not to pursue re-do primaries, Clinton's path to the nomination is more uphill than ever and will pretty much depend on the superdelegates overturning Obama's lead in elected (pledged) delegates, a scenario that Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi said "would be harmful to the Democratic Party." Meanwhile, New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson provided Obama with a infusion of substantive support by endorsing him, heightening speculation of an Obama-Richardson ticket, while the Obama camp hints that other big endorsements are soon to come.
While Obama had a rough week, the dynamics of the nomination continue to trend his way. But you can't count out the tenacious Clinton, and the next few weeks are shaping up to be excellent political theater.
Days Since Michael Steele Said He Won't Resign"The Playa" said he wouldn't resign as head of the RNC ("Not me Baby! Nuh-uh. Not happening. No way, no how.")
23 Days, 23 Hours, 32 Minutes, 38 Seconds.
The Real News Network
Politics on HuffingtonPost.com
MSNBC.com: Countdown With Olbermann
The Nation: Top Stories
YouTube :: Videos by politicstv
- If You Think You Are A Conservative
- GoLeft T.V.
- News From Florida
- Bent Society Blog
- My: Political Junki Site
- Election Geek 08
- Travel Democratic
- Just Rumor Mills
- Democratic Victory Network
- Philter Media- Websites
- Rainbow USA
- Democratic News
- Visit Our Shopping Mall
- Read My Book
- If You Think You Are A Conservative
- ► 2009 (49)
- Senator Gwen Margolis Spearheads Drive For Equal R...
- Florida s inconsistent patchwork of sex offender ...
- Bosnia Smaznia
- 50 state party Hillary wins vs 48 state party Obam...
- About That Writers Strike at DailyKos
- Rove: My tail and horns are retractable
- McSame's First General Election Ad
- Fact Or Fiction
- Why Obama Should Not Drop Out Of The Race
- This Is Your Brain On Obama
- How The Media Distorts Facts
- Pundits Versus Reality
- Jamie Rubin Bitch Slaps Andrea Mitchell
- NBC/Wall Street Journal Deliberately skewed poll f...
- Make Florida Count
- Obama Shill Ed Shultz Gets The Axe At WINZ
- Joe Scarborough Cleans Obama's Shill Richard Wolfe...
- Obama Words Don't Match Deeds
- Obama: Folks In Glass Houses Should Not Throw Ston...
- Obamas lobbyist money
- Gov. Crist of Florida likes women, A LOT, I mean i...
- 4,000... and counting
- Young John McSame
- Senator Obama, Have You No Decency?
- Happy Easter
- CHRONOLOGY OF A TRAIN WRECK
- By The Numbers
- Obama's Media Luster Dulling
- McBush's Minister Problem
- Just Words
- The Race So Far
- Obama's Smear Machine
- Just The Facts
- Obama's Shallow Credentials on National Security
- Obama's Minister Problem Part III
- Obama's Minister Problem Part II
- Writers Strike at DailyKos
- Obama's Minister Problem
- McBush Q&A
- Please Urge Obama and Keith Olberman to comment on...
- "Gays are worse than terrorists"
- Time for Gov. Dean To Sh*t Or Get Off The Pot
- If Florida Had A Do-Over Today
- Rezko- Obama's BIG Problem
- Rezko All Rezko 24/7 For 7 Weeks
- Obama's Math Problem
- Obama Couldn't Close the Deal
- GRASSROOTS? OBAMA?
- Obama supporters Cheat In Texas
- The Come Back Kid
- Remembering Lawrence King
- Commissioner Ken Keechel at Simmie Williams Memor...
- Meet Tim Russert
- ▼ March (53)
- ► 2007 (580)