Friday, September 07, 2007
51% of Americans Want Congress to Probe Bush/Cheney Regarding 9/11
67% also fault 9/11 Commission for not investigating the anomalous collapse of World Trade Center 7
Kansas City, MO (Zogby International)- As America nears the sixth anniversary of the world-churning events of September 11, 2001, a new Zogby International poll finds a majority of Americans still await a Congressional investigation of President Bush's and Vice President Cheney's actions before, during and after the 9/11 attacks. Over 30% also believe Bush and/or Cheney should be immediately impeached by the House of Representatives.
The 911truth.orgsponsored poll also found that over two-thirds of Americans say the 9/11 Commission should have investigated the still unexplained collapse of the 47-story World Trade Center Building 7 at 5:20 p.m. on September 11, 2001.
WTC 7 housed the mayor's emergency bunker and offices of the SEC, IRS, CIA and Secret Service and was not hit by any planes but still completely collapsed into its own footprint nearly eight hours after the Twin Tower attacks. FEMA did not explain this collapse, the 911 Commission ignored it, and the promised official study by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is now 2 years overdue.
Janice Matthews, executive director of poll sponsor 911truth.org, observes: "The supermajority response to the WTC Building 7 question signals an increasing public concern about this remarkable event --- up from 38% last year. We can perhaps credit this rising awareness to the millions who have recently witnessed videos or Youtube clips of this skyscraper's descent and the outspoken demands for a new WTC inquiry from over 150 architects and engineering professionals, including NIST's own former Fire Science Division Chief, Dr. James Quintiere. Another contributory factor is the increased questioning among Hispanics, Blacks and Asians whose responses appear significantly more critical of the 9/11 Commission than Whites, sometimes twice as critical."
Strategy aide W. David Kubiak adds, "While only 32% seek immediate Bush and/or Cheney impeachment based on their current personal knowledge, a clear majority of citizens still seems hungry for a full exposure of the facts. The results suggest widespread public support for legislators like Rep. Dennis Kucinich who pledge to investigate unanswered 9/11 questions in the relevant congressional committees this fall. We hope more of our representatives find the spine to respond to this escalating dissatisfaction with the dubious accounting we have received thus far."
9/11 family member and 911truth.org advisor Donna Marsh O'Connor notes, "I'm not sure this poll is at all surprising. Over half of those polled want more answers from Congress, from those they hired to represent them. One quarter of the country knows enough to want to impeach both. Doesn't it just mean people need figures they consider credible to tell them whether key details add up or not? Truth advocates need to press their case in Congress, on college campuses, in church groups with reason and absolute discipline regarding what can and cannot be proven. The strongest evidence needs to reach the peopleincluding people who hate computers. We must present it calmly. Like whispering so that people reach in to hear."
The Zogby poll was conceived and commissioned by 911truth.org and paid for with generous assistance from individual project donors and Visibility911.com. 911truth.org is a national information clearing house and grassroots resource center for the US 9/11 truth movement. The group is dedicated to investigation, education, organizing, and accountability regarding the recent criminal misuse of government to promote fear, repression and endless war.
This is a telephone survey of adults nationwide conducted by Zogby International from August 23 to August 27, 2007. The target sample is 1,000 interviews with approximately 71 questions asked. Samples are randomly drawn from telephone cd's of national listed sample. Zogby International surveys employ sampling strategies in which selection probabilities are proportional to population size within area codes and exchanges. As many as six calls are made to reach a sampled phone number. Cooperation rates are calculated using one of AAPOR's approved methodologies and are comparable to other professional public-opinion surveys conducted using similar sampling strategies. Weighting by region, party, age, race, religion, and gender is used to adjust for non-response. The margin of error is +/- 3.1 percentage points. Margins of error are higher in sub-groups.
For the full poll and demographic breakdown of results, see: http://www.911truth.org/images/ZogbyPoll2007.pdf
A Election '08 News Site:
For News And Commentary:
For Florida Election News See:
Political Talk For And By Political Junkies
Just Rumors The Rumor Mills
Days Since Michael Steele Said He Won't Resign"The Playa" said he wouldn't resign as head of the RNC ("Not me Baby! Nuh-uh. Not happening. No way, no how.")
23 Days, 23 Hours, 32 Minutes, 38 Seconds.
The Real News Network
Politics on HuffingtonPost.com
MSNBC.com: Countdown With Olbermann
The Nation: Top Stories
YouTube :: Videos by politicstv
- If You Think You Are A Conservative
- GoLeft T.V.
- News From Florida
- Bent Society Blog
- My: Political Junki Site
- Election Geek 08
- Travel Democratic
- Just Rumor Mills
- Democratic Victory Network
- Philter Media- Websites
- Rainbow USA
- Democratic News
- Visit Our Shopping Mall
- Read My Book
- If You Think You Are A Conservative
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (432)
- Leading indicators point down for GOP
- Rudys top fundraiser sole backer of California el...
- Limbaugh Calls Iraq Vet : Staff Puke
- Dem Rep To Introduce House Resolution Condemning L...
- Bill Clinton: GOP hypocritical
- WHO'S YOUR CADIDATE IN '08
- Hillary And Obama Roughly Tied For Third-Quarter F...
- NY Times Out Polling The GOP In A Fox News Poll
- Romney Hypocrisy on Venezuela and Iran
- Mike Rogers set to out, Rep. Patrick McHenery toda...
- Rush Limbaugh Attacks U.S. Soldiers
- State Dep't Classifies Publicly-Available Corrupti...
- Bill Clinton Responds to The GOP's MouthPiece ,The...
- 53 Percent prefer, Dems In Congress Comared to GOP...
- Veterans still getting shoddy treatment
- Democrats Who Voted, Against Insurance For Childre...
- War Monger And Hate Merchant Rep. Marsha Blackburn...
- David Schuster: Pro War GOP, Hiding From The Media...
- Rudy Giuliani: Lie After Lie After Lie
- 911 Families Confront Giuliani, Calls Him A Scumba...
- OHanlons Conflict Of Interest Revealed On Fox Ne...
- Condi owned home, shared credit line with another ...
- John Grisham Endorses Clinton
- In Honor of the out going Sen. Ted Stevens (R) AK
- Alaska senator taped in FBI corruption sting
- Bush Winning PR War
- 50% Favor Government Guaranteed Health Care Covera...
- Palast on Clout
- OUR SENATORS MUST HEAR FROM YOU TODAY!
- Grand Obstructionist Party Blocks Pro-Troop Amendm...
- In The News 09-19-07: America's Mercenary Factor
- GOP Avoding Blacks And Hispanics Again
- Dan Rather Files $70M Lawsuit Against CBS
- Moveon.org Wars
- Most corrupt members of Congress
- In The News 09-18-07: Giuliani's Crime Reduction ...
- Republican prosecutor from Florida caught in child...
- The Iraq Blackwater Test
- Value Voters Debate: Wrapup
- Rudy You Betrayed Us
- Matt Drudge Backing Hillary?
- McCain Caught Lying About Progress In Iraq
- Today's News 09-17-07: Human Smuggling Operations ...
- Who Is Michael Mukasey?
- Media Wrap On Greenspan's Book
- Breaking: Bush may announce Michael Mukasey as At...
- Todays News 09-16-07: Today, Lieberman Would be De...
- Kerry: GOP should condemn comments from Boehner
- Alan Keyes jumped into the fray
- Greenspan claims Iraq war was really for oil
- President of HipHop Causus talks about being assau...
- Lies Americans believe about the war in Iraq
- Sen. Ted Stevens, Deak Of Cards Of Corruption Fall...
- Greenspan Blasts GOP: Party "Deserved To Lose"
- Bush - A Betrayal of Trust
- Todays News 09-15-07: In Bush's America We're All ...
- Republicans and Massive Deficits
- Outsourcing Justice? Or raiding our treasury to fu...
- GOP candidates only want to debate in front of Whi...
- John Edwards Responds to Bush's Call for Endless W...
- Today's News 09-14-07: The General's Lies
- Atty. Gen. Alberto Gonzales Leaves Justice Dept. T...
- President Bush's Iraq Speech: Media Wrapup
- Boehner: Troop deaths in Iraq are a small price....
- Dems Demand Boehner Apologize
- Bush 34, Democrats 50
- Media Still Pushing The Iraq War
- Voter Purging: A Legal Way for Republicans to Swin...
- Today's News 09-13-07: Voter Purging: The Republic...
- It Is A Numbers Game
- Bush/Petraeus Report Media Wrap Up
- Most Americans believe the nation's founders wrote...
- Rev. Lennox Yearwood Of PDA Assaulted By DC Police...
- Questions For petraeus
- Univision's Presidential Forum Outdraws English-La...
- Democrats Don't Understand the Role of Emotion
- Boca priest accused in North Carolina sex case res...
- GOP support for Iraq war on shaky ground
- Bush's 'Kick Ass' War Assessment
- Today's News 09-11-07: Petraeus and the Administra...
- DC Madam, Deborah Jeane Palfrey, 'confirms for the...
- Flynt unveiling more Vitter claims
- Tell Congress To Reject The PHONY Bush Betray US R...
- McCain's "No Surrender" tour
- 33 Percent Still Thinks Saddam Attacked On 9-11
- Today's News 09-10-07:Craig will try to take back ...
- Just How Gay is the Gay-Hating GOP
- Most Americans Not Buying The Bush Report
- Harry Reid On The "Bush Report"
- Why Democrats Should Not Be Afraid Of The Boogie M...
- Fred Thompson Reviews Are In
- Today's News 09-08-07: Giuliani: Illegal immigrati...
- Sen. Chuck Hagel to announce retirement
- Keith Olbermann: "Bush" Report A Sham
- 51% of Americans Want Congress to Probe Bush/Chene...
- Todays News 09-06-07:Congressional Dems Seeking Co...
- Breaking: BUSH KNEW BEFORE INVASION THAT SADDAM HA...
- GLAAD Condemns Jerry Lewis for Anti-Gay Slur
- Hookers Hookers Everywhere!
- "Throw the bums out"
- ▼ September (102)