Monday, September 10, 2007
Flynt unveiling more Vitter claims
NEW ORLEANS -- A former New Orleans prostitute who says she had an affair with Sen. David Vitter has passed a lie-detector test and will provide details of the four-month relationship at a press conference Tuesday, according to Hustler magazine publisher Larry Flynt.
Wendy Cortez, whose real name is Wendy Ellis, says she had a sexual relationship with Vitter, R-La., in 1999, when he was a state legislator.
Copies of the results of Cortez's polygraph test, which she took at Flynt's request, will be provided to reporters at the news conference at Flynt's office in Beverly Hills, Calif., Hustler said in a news release Monday.
Vitter spokesman Joel Digrado wouldn't comment on the Flynt news conference. In an e-mail, Digrado said, "Sen. Vitter and his wife have addressed all of this very directly. The senator is focused on important Louisiana priorities like the water resources bill and the Iraq debate."
Vitter, 46, apologized in July for committing a "very serious sin" and acknowledged his Washington phone number was among those called several years ago by an escort service run by Deborah Jeane Palfrey. The admission came after Flynt's Hustler magazine told the senator that his telephone number was linked to Palfrey's escort service.
Federal prosecutors accuse Palfrey of running a prostitution ring, but she claims her escort service was a legitimate business. Vitter was not charged with a crime.
Flynt has offered to pay $1 million to anyone who can show he or she had a sexual encounter with a member of Congress or a high-ranking government official. It is unclear whether he has offered Cortez any money.
Vitter, a first-term senator elected in 2004, has denied having relationships with New Orleans prostitutes. In a call-in radio show during the Senate campaign, he dismissed as "absolutely and completely untrue" that he had a relationship with a Wendy Cortez.
A Election '08 News Site:
For News And Commentary:
For Florida Election News See:
Political Talk For And By Political Junkies
Just Rumors The Rumor Mills
Days Since Michael Steele Said He Won't Resign"The Playa" said he wouldn't resign as head of the RNC ("Not me Baby! Nuh-uh. Not happening. No way, no how.")
23 Days, 23 Hours, 32 Minutes, 38 Seconds.
The Real News Network
Politics on HuffingtonPost.com
MSNBC.com: Countdown With Olbermann
The Nation: Top Stories
YouTube :: Videos by politicstv
- If You Think You Are A Conservative
- GoLeft T.V.
- News From Florida
- Bent Society Blog
- My: Political Junki Site
- Election Geek 08
- Travel Democratic
- Just Rumor Mills
- Democratic Victory Network
- Philter Media- Websites
- Rainbow USA
- Democratic News
- Visit Our Shopping Mall
- Read My Book
- If You Think You Are A Conservative
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (432)
- Leading indicators point down for GOP
- Rudys top fundraiser sole backer of California el...
- Limbaugh Calls Iraq Vet : Staff Puke
- Dem Rep To Introduce House Resolution Condemning L...
- Bill Clinton: GOP hypocritical
- WHO'S YOUR CADIDATE IN '08
- Hillary And Obama Roughly Tied For Third-Quarter F...
- NY Times Out Polling The GOP In A Fox News Poll
- Romney Hypocrisy on Venezuela and Iran
- Mike Rogers set to out, Rep. Patrick McHenery toda...
- Rush Limbaugh Attacks U.S. Soldiers
- State Dep't Classifies Publicly-Available Corrupti...
- Bill Clinton Responds to The GOP's MouthPiece ,The...
- 53 Percent prefer, Dems In Congress Comared to GOP...
- Veterans still getting shoddy treatment
- Democrats Who Voted, Against Insurance For Childre...
- War Monger And Hate Merchant Rep. Marsha Blackburn...
- David Schuster: Pro War GOP, Hiding From The Media...
- Rudy Giuliani: Lie After Lie After Lie
- 911 Families Confront Giuliani, Calls Him A Scumba...
- OHanlons Conflict Of Interest Revealed On Fox Ne...
- Condi owned home, shared credit line with another ...
- John Grisham Endorses Clinton
- In Honor of the out going Sen. Ted Stevens (R) AK
- Alaska senator taped in FBI corruption sting
- Bush Winning PR War
- 50% Favor Government Guaranteed Health Care Covera...
- Palast on Clout
- OUR SENATORS MUST HEAR FROM YOU TODAY!
- Grand Obstructionist Party Blocks Pro-Troop Amendm...
- In The News 09-19-07: America's Mercenary Factor
- GOP Avoding Blacks And Hispanics Again
- Dan Rather Files $70M Lawsuit Against CBS
- Moveon.org Wars
- Most corrupt members of Congress
- In The News 09-18-07: Giuliani's Crime Reduction ...
- Republican prosecutor from Florida caught in child...
- The Iraq Blackwater Test
- Value Voters Debate: Wrapup
- Rudy You Betrayed Us
- Matt Drudge Backing Hillary?
- McCain Caught Lying About Progress In Iraq
- Today's News 09-17-07: Human Smuggling Operations ...
- Who Is Michael Mukasey?
- Media Wrap On Greenspan's Book
- Breaking: Bush may announce Michael Mukasey as At...
- Todays News 09-16-07: Today, Lieberman Would be De...
- Kerry: GOP should condemn comments from Boehner
- Alan Keyes jumped into the fray
- Greenspan claims Iraq war was really for oil
- President of HipHop Causus talks about being assau...
- Lies Americans believe about the war in Iraq
- Sen. Ted Stevens, Deak Of Cards Of Corruption Fall...
- Greenspan Blasts GOP: Party "Deserved To Lose"
- Bush - A Betrayal of Trust
- Todays News 09-15-07: In Bush's America We're All ...
- Republicans and Massive Deficits
- Outsourcing Justice? Or raiding our treasury to fu...
- GOP candidates only want to debate in front of Whi...
- John Edwards Responds to Bush's Call for Endless W...
- Today's News 09-14-07: The General's Lies
- Atty. Gen. Alberto Gonzales Leaves Justice Dept. T...
- President Bush's Iraq Speech: Media Wrapup
- Boehner: Troop deaths in Iraq are a small price....
- Dems Demand Boehner Apologize
- Bush 34, Democrats 50
- Media Still Pushing The Iraq War
- Voter Purging: A Legal Way for Republicans to Swin...
- Today's News 09-13-07: Voter Purging: The Republic...
- It Is A Numbers Game
- Bush/Petraeus Report Media Wrap Up
- Most Americans believe the nation's founders wrote...
- Rev. Lennox Yearwood Of PDA Assaulted By DC Police...
- Questions For petraeus
- Univision's Presidential Forum Outdraws English-La...
- Democrats Don't Understand the Role of Emotion
- Boca priest accused in North Carolina sex case res...
- GOP support for Iraq war on shaky ground
- Bush's 'Kick Ass' War Assessment
- Today's News 09-11-07: Petraeus and the Administra...
- DC Madam, Deborah Jeane Palfrey, 'confirms for the...
- Flynt unveiling more Vitter claims
- Tell Congress To Reject The PHONY Bush Betray US R...
- McCain's "No Surrender" tour
- 33 Percent Still Thinks Saddam Attacked On 9-11
- Today's News 09-10-07:Craig will try to take back ...
- Just How Gay is the Gay-Hating GOP
- Most Americans Not Buying The Bush Report
- Harry Reid On The "Bush Report"
- Why Democrats Should Not Be Afraid Of The Boogie M...
- Fred Thompson Reviews Are In
- Today's News 09-08-07: Giuliani: Illegal immigrati...
- Sen. Chuck Hagel to announce retirement
- Keith Olbermann: "Bush" Report A Sham
- 51% of Americans Want Congress to Probe Bush/Chene...
- Todays News 09-06-07:Congressional Dems Seeking Co...
- Breaking: BUSH KNEW BEFORE INVASION THAT SADDAM HA...
- GLAAD Condemns Jerry Lewis for Anti-Gay Slur
- Hookers Hookers Everywhere!
- "Throw the bums out"
- ▼ September (102)